Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Officating life -- my journey



Officiating life


I have began a new phase of my life, officiating. As I began this new journey, I have begun to see the game through a new perspective. The games has changed from win at all cost, playing time, to fair enforcement of the rules.


As I have spoken to officials, coaches, players, parents, and fans, I realize that games are a microcosm of society. The first thing your learn is how to deal with over crazed parents, coaches, and fans and what to do if people get out of hand. Many parents, and to some extent coaches, live their lives out through their kids or players. This results in people taking the game way to serious and getting out of control. As an official and manager of the game, my goal is to enforce the rules fairly, manage the game, and make it an enjoyable experience for all.


We can make the game better and translate that into a memorable experience for all.

Sharon vs Randolph High School Ma 9/12/09

No comments: